Designing Bathroom Renovations
When it comes to updating or designing a new bathroom, here are some things you will need to keep in mind:
- Consider if you will use the bathroom as a place for relaxing or to “get clean”. If you are going to incorporate a laundry into your bathroom, you may need to install extra plumbing and electricals. Calling in a design professional at this early stage may help you to decide what will work best for you and your household, and ensure that nothing is forgotten.
- Try to leave existing plumbing and electrical services in place, as these can be very costly to move. If you want to move the shower or bath, for example, consider whether the cost to move the plumbing will be offset by a gain in convenience. If you do need to install new systems, make sure you consult a good plumber or electrician.
- Water efficiency is another important consideration. Looking at water efficient fittings such as water saving taps and showerheads, dual flush toilets and grey water systems (great for the garden!) will mean that you are helping save precious water and saving money on your water bill. New water-efficient products on the market are vastly improved so using water efficient showerheads does not have to mean a lack of pressure.
Types of Bathrooms
When you are considering bathroom renovations, there are many styles available to suit any household. Some common types are:
- The Retreat: the retreat is a relaxing oasis, almost like having your very own day spa at home. Gentle lighting, a spa, deep bath or luxurious shower, and a calming atmosphere makes the bathroom the perfect place to unwind after a long day.
- High Tech the bathroom of gadget lovers. The bath, spa or shower is the latest on the market and the bathroom features under floor heating, heated towel racks and other gizmos designed to make the bathing experience better. There’s even a plasma TV near the bath!
- Utilitarian this bathroom is designed to be used. While still looking attractive, the focus is to have everything easily accessible and to be easily cleaned.
- Colonial the deep old-fashioned bathtub and the classic tones of cream. This bathroom is older-style without sacrificing any of the modern amenities.
Xtreme Bathroom Renovator
Designing and installing a bathroom is a project that you will definitely need professional help with. We at Xtreme have a great team professional that can provide you with good advice and stressed free bathroom renovation. Below is a list of Xtreme trades professional duty.
- Architects or interior designers these can help to draw up blueprints/plans for the new bathroom and can also help you to decide what style, fittings and finishes would be best for you.
- Plumbers you’ll need a plumber to install or move pipes, taps, bath, showers, spas etc. Plumbers can also ensure that waterproofing is performed correctly and install drainage.
- Electricians will be required to install lighting, heating and ventilation and to perform other tasks such as installing power points. An electrician will also need to help install a spa.
- Carpenters necessary if you are moving any doors or windows or making any structural changes to the bathroom. If you plan to install any wooden elements such as flooring, a carpenter is the person to do it. Carpenters can also install cabinetry. 5. Cabinet makers – will make vanities and cabinets to fit the exact specifications of your bathroom, while keeping true to the style that you have chosen.
- Tilers can install new tiles or mirrors, and resurface or remove existing tiles.
- Painters needed to paint any areas that are not covered by tiles or other elements. Will paint the bathroom with a moisture and wear-resistant paint.
All Xtreme trade professionals are qualified, licensed and insured. This will protect both you and the professional. It is important that you feel comfortable and reshoed. Call us today on 1300 GO XTREME (1300 469 873). Or email us.